2025 Easter Getaway! Day 1 (Thursday)
Thursday 17 April 2025
We departed meadows in two cars around 2.30pm. I had left my medications at Strathalbyn, however we decided to visit Kingston SE on our way to Naracoorte today, so I grabbed them on the way.
The drive was pleasant. The sun was setting during the final leg as we approached Kingston SE. There was an extremely low layer of fine clouds, and then a bit of a gap and a high level layer of thick clouds. With the setting sun this resulted in a beautiful orange-pink on the top layer and slate grey-purple on the bottom layer. Beautiful! I wish I'd gotten a photo, but by the time I pulled over the clouds had moved.
We stopped in Kingston next to the big lobster, which was closed. We ate subway for dinner. While there, Charlie leaned on his chair and it fell, causing him to bite his tongue. He was ok, thankfully, but it hurt a lot! After examining the chair it looked like the legs had been pushed in, causing easy tipping.
After dinner I snuck over to the lobster for some happy snaps 🦞📸
Terrifying.
Next up, a quick drive to our accommodation in Naracoorte. A great old house divided into three rooms and some large living spaces. There is even an outdoor stage, which the kids performed on.
We grabbed a bedtime drink at the otr, stopping to grab photos along the way.
Bedtime now!
Comments
Post a Comment